How To Optimize a Web Page
Optimizing a page can be a hard task all by itself. We recommend analyzing the top 10 sites, it’s generally safe to say that if they are ranking well, Google has found their site to be a worthy site to place in the top spots. While on-page SEO isn’t everything, it does still count for something. All sites need to be well optimized so Google can analyze your website correctly.
What Should My Keyword Density Be At?
A good practice is never to over optimize your web page site. Placing to many keywords on your site, or better know as keyword stuffing can get you a penalty from Google. We personally recommend a 1.0% to 1.5% density at the max for your web page. Some niche types will allow you to go over this, but it’s not worth the risk in penalizing your website.
A good start in writing a well optimized page could be the following – Sometimes if the page is to small, it is ok not to place your keyword in every header tag on the page. This is just a good practice for pages that are 500 words or more.
- <h1> Title of the page – Make sure you place a keyword you would like to get in the title </h1> This is know as your header 1 tag.
- <h2> Title of another paragraph – Use your Keyword yet again somewhere in this</h2>
- <h3>Title of another paragraph – Use your Keyword yet again somewhere in this</h3>
- Place one image on the page and make sure your alt tag of that image has your keyword by itself in it.
- Make sure your url has your keyword in it. If your keyword is one word it should look like this http://affordableseo-services.com/blog.html/ if it has multiple words in it, it could look like this http://affordableseo-services.com/how-to-optimize-a-web-page/ . Make sure you use the – in your url and not a _. It’s much better for SEO purposes to use the – to make clean SEO friendly urls.
- Make sure your not using out of date code for your page like flash. Flash is neat looking yes, but it isn’t SEO friendly at all. Your better off using aAjax or other SEO friendly codes if you can.
- If you want to make the best page possible and have extra time, you can W3C validate your website. You can do this by Googling W3C Validation Checker. You can try to fix it yourself if you are web savvy or you can hire it out to a company like ours and we can do it for you for a very affordable price.
If you have any other questions on how to optimize a web page, please contact us today or if you are looking for affordable SEO services, please let us know and we will be happy to help provide them.